Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day 2019

This Mother's Day was extra special.  My mom was here!  This is the first Mother's Day I have had with my mom in 11 years.  

Jon & Em drove up Friday and were here by dinner. My parents flew in Saturday afternoon. It was so fun being all together over the weekend.  Emily is expecting a girl the end of August.  We had lots of time to sit and talk and catch up.
Sunday morning we had breakfast before church: quinoa sausage egg bake, yogurt, homemade granola and berries. After church we did lunch at Jason's Deli. Jon & Em had to head home after lunch.





We also snapped a few family photos.  "R" joined our family late Tuesday night, April 23.  She is 2 years old (turning 3 in August) and adjusting well to our family. The kids have done awesome sharing their toys, Wren sharing her clothes, and all of them sharing their parents. This has been a huge help & blessing!


I really can't adequately express how special it was to all be together on Mother's Day.  We only see each other twice a year or so (my parents and the Hight's).


0 comments: