Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

39.

We celebrated Meg's 39th birthday today! 

We enjoyed breakfast as a family and then headed to church. We made a pit stop at Home Depot, after church, to look at tile options for the beach house. Afterwards, we  enjoyed a delicious brunch at Eternal Sunshine Cafe.

Wren and her Mickey Mouse pancake.

It was a rainy and cold day so after brunch we headed home. We played games, watched a movie, painted the hallway bathroom, read books, finished a few things in the girl's room, and laid around and relaxed. My birthday dessert of choice - frozen banana shakes (our favorite to make at home). It was a great day spent with those I love most!

Our hearts are also sad. It wasn't quite the same birthday without a call from my Dad who would then sing Happy Birthday. My Mom & I share a birthday. She turned 70 this year. Last year, my parents planned a trip. They had planned to be here visiting for a few weeks and we were going to celebrate our birthday's together. 

"I have learned to kiss the wave that strikes me against the Rock of Ages."
   -Charles Spurgeon
 

0 comments: