Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Saturday, September 3, 2022

I snuck away

Last week, Jake allowed me sneak away to Minnesota to visit my Mom. The kids were back in school and Jake willingly took over at home so I could go. He's pretty amazing! 

What a year it's been. It's been hard grieving, loving and supporting my Mom from so far away. On the other hand, what a comfort it has been to see her church family surround her and support her in so many ways. There have also been more blessings that we can count. Our family has experienced the Lord's HESED

All that to say, it was so SO good to have some one on one time with my Mom and be able to look her in the eyes and hug her every single day. I also was able to spend time with my sister & her family and visit with a couple of my sister in laws and niece one evening.

Monday Evening Dinner at Cafe Latte

Mom & I drove to Iowa mid week to see her parents and sister.

We visited Dad's niche.

Spending time with nieces and nephews.



Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
    and saves the crushed in spirit.

0 comments: