Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Monday, September 30, 2024

Rooted in Hope 2024


I realized that I haven't put anything on this blog about Rooted in Hope and it is probably time that I did. This conference has been taking up a lot of my free time and mental space.

Over the years my friend and fellow foster & adoptive mom, Ashley, and I have day-dreamed about have Jason Johnson come to Wilmington. Back up to last summer, I approached our church leadership asking that if I did the work to get Jason Johnson here, would the church support the event. My original thought was to ask Jason to come speak to our group of foster and adoptive families at The Bridge Church and also ask him to speak at all three gathering's on Sunday. Church leadership had a broader vision of doing a Saturday conference for our church and our city.

And here we are, 3 weeks out from the inaugural Rooted in Hope Conference. This event is designed to bring together foster parents, adoptive parents, social workers, Guardian ad Litems, advocates, and anyone passionate about supporting foster and adoptive families. Our goal is to make this a yearly event, offering encouragement and practical support to all who are involved in the foster care and adoption community.  

I could take up lots of space telling of how God has knit all the details together for this conference. How He has gone before Ashley & I in a lot of the planning. How those God calls, He equips. I love event planning, but not all of these conference details are within my realm of gifting's. God has been faithful in helping us write and produce a promo video, connecting and networking with almost 200 churches and organizations in Wilmington and the surrounding areas, writing a press release, contacting businesses for donations for giveaways, etc.

We are expectant of how God will use this conference to catalyze churches and believers in our city to step into serving vulnerable children. Pray with us!

HIlary & I shared about the conference on Life 90.5.

1 comments:

Praying for the conference to be encouraging to all who attend and that all efforts in the details has lasting value🙏🏼