Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Week SEVEN of COVID-19

Once again, our week highlighted in photos:
Benny & Wren are doing awesome with their alphabet. Benny started blending words this week and doing some reading. Benny is so ready for Kindergarten. In fact, last week, when I told the girls that we will be doing school at home the rest of the year Benny chimed in, "what, I can't go to kindergarten next year?" No buddy, well, i'm not actually sure about the fall, but you'll be in kindergarten....

After we finished our school work on Tuesday, we headed on a *surprise field trip* and grabbed the $6.99 dozen bagels at Panera and came home for a picnic lunch. We even were able to see some friends and swim at a pool Tuesday afternoon. That filled our hearts!

More daily adventures


This week in Math, Lily is studying area & perimeter. She had a graphing project to create a space (zoo, mall, boardwalk, etc...) using graphing and then calculate the area & perimeter. She did awesome! She loved the artistic side of the project and decided to create a couple more spaces on her own.


One afternoon we roasted marshmallows, in the outdoor fireplace, and had s'mores with our chocolate hummus and strawberries. It was enjoyed by all!

Ella rocking her Friday spelling test!


Not pictured: Mom needing to step outside Wednesday morning, before 8am, to cry privately. We had some hard moments right away that day. I was overwhelmed and frustrated. God graciously reminded me to turn my eyes to JESUS! I can't control my circumstances; but I can come to Him anytime, focus on Him during the hard times and cling to Jesus every minute.
I have been meditating on Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all who are weary & burdened, and I will give you rest." What a promise! God also allowed me to come across this post which really encouraged me.

Also not pictured: We did a lot of skateboarding and riding of scooters. One day 75% of my kids wiped out and needed band-aids. Another day only 50% wiped out and no band-aids were needed. Improvement. 

0 comments: