Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Monday, July 30, 2012

craZy monday

This morning I went & met my running buddies at 7am for a 4.5 mile run.  After the run, I grabbed my water & phone out of the car.  We girls were cooling down, stretching & talking.  I checked my phone & saw THREE missed calls from Jake.  I knew something was up & probably not good.  I called Jake; Lily had fallen & probably needed stitches.  I had the SUV with the car-seats.  I jetted home & we headed to Urgent Care.  The accident happened when Lily was running full speed from the dining room to the kitchen.  She ended up running into the corner of her wooden kitchen.  She had a big deep gouge in her eyebrow & a nice sized bruise on her cheek.


The doctor decided to use glue, rather than stitches (apparently 2 year olds don't sit still for stitches - go figure).  Lily did great until Jake & I had to hold her down for the glue part.  She screamed & screamed & kept telling us "all done."  Poor girl.  This afternoon she is back to her normal self: talkative, active, playing.  So thankful that she is okay & it wasn't any worse.

0 comments: