Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

PUMPKIN baked oatmeal

We love pumpkin at our house.  However, we are not pumpkin fanatics.  I am fine ordering brewed coffee and not a pumpkin spice latte.  I can easily pass this season's pumpkin spice cheerios, pumpkin spice chex and every other pumpkin flavored specialty in the grocery aisles.  NOW, there are a few pumpkin recipes that I can not pass up and this is one of them.  We love our usual baked oatmeal.  Last year I had an opened can of pumpkin and decided to sub the applesauce with pumpkin.  It was life changing.  It's so so good.  

Earlier this week we had pumpkin waffles for breakfast.  Another recipe you MUST MAKE this week. Since Hurricane Matthew arrived today, I am trying to use up opened things in my fridge and bake a few yummy options just in case we lose power today. So, I used up my open can of pumpkin, threw in some dark chocolate chips, sliced up a banana on top and slid it in the oven. The house smelled amazing & breakfast was so tasty. The kids gobble this up.

Go ahead & whip this up today and then use the rest of the can for pumpkin waffles tomorrow.  Your family will thank you!

Baked PUMPKIN Oatmeal
Ingredients: 1⁄2 cup PUMPKIN 1/4 cup brown sugar 3 cups oats 2 eggs 1 cup milk 2 tsp baking powder 1⁄2 tsp salt 1 tsp cinnamon
Additional add in's before baking: Pecans Chocolate Chips Sliced Banana on top
Directions: In medium bowl, mix all ingredients. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
Other PUMPKIN recipes that our family loves!

0 comments: