Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Sneak Peek

I was talking with my friend, Beth, & she was saying how I haven't really posted any wedding information on my blog (ie. my ideas, decorations, etc. . .). This is true! Part of that is because I want a lot of the elements of the wedding to be a surprise. I am trying to do things differently than the average wedding.
I am also trying to be a little secretive.
So. . .I am giving in & giving you a little sneak peek! This is my creative project from last week. I have been contemplating what to do for pew decorations. I knew that I did NOT want bows or tulle or flowers. I searched the internet for ideas & there is nothing! Everything is bows, tulle or flowers. After much thought, here is what I came up with. . . A Meg Original!


I made 10 total. I used old wooden blocks & glued 3 together for everything to be mounted on. The blocks are the old kids kind with letters on them. I wrapped the blocks in a burlap. Each pew decoration says something with the 3 blocks like: VOW, 4VR, 726 (the wedding date), 118 (the day we were engaged), IDO, LUV, and a few have our initials & our monogram. I used sticks from IKEA & braided them together with ribbon. Then nailed the ribbon to the blocks. The other sticks are curly willow that are nailed on as well. I didn't use any hot glue! I always burn my fingers while using that & it ends up leaving glue strings everywhere.
Overall, I am very pleased with how they turned out. I must say. . .they look WAY better in person on the pews. :) Hope you can come to the wedding to see them in person.


2 comments:

Love it! Finally someone that isn't afraid to ditch the same ole' same ole'!
 
Those are awesome, Meg. Love it.

I couldn't find your email, so I'm reminding you here that we're having the book study again tomorrow (5/10) if you want to come! We'll be at Molly's coffee shop
www.overflowespressocafe.com
hope you can come! :)