Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Homemade Christmas Gift

I decided to make some Christmas gifts this year with my "free" time (since I am STILL job searching). I asked my friend Beth for some gift ideas & she suggested a book for our niece & nephews. The book would say what our life is like here in NC. I thought that was a GREAT idea since we only see them a few times a year. (I used to see them weekly at church.)

I decided to do the ABC's about our life in North Carolina. The book is going to through laminating machine & then I'll bind it & make a cover.






Jake brought home the laminated pages Wednesday night & we worked together on putting the book together & binding it. Here is the finished product:


Hopefully the kids will like it! It was fun to put this together for them. I only spent money on more glue sticks & laminating, otherwise I used up scrapbooking supplies that I already had. It did take a lot of TIME, but i have some of that right now. :) I started another project yesterday that will be another Christmas gift.

PS--Jen if you see this. . . don't show the kids! ;)

3 comments:

Wow Meg--your creativity amazes me! They will love it! :)
 
it's adorable! I love it! You're so creative. I can't wait to see it in person.
 
good work, Meg! You're such an over-acheiver! (that's why we're friends.. lol)